Skip to main content

Black Friday

 I know. I know. Not yet. 

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite Holiday. It's easy. It's family. It's quiet reflection and a day to pause and thank God for His provision, His mercy and grace and our manifold blessings in Christ Jesus. 

This is the first time in 6 years that I am living away from my children on Thanksgiving. I didn't know my heart would ache so badly. I have so much to be thankful for, and I am-but I'm sad too.

I'm trying hard not to dwell on what I am missing ...Harper's 7th and Harrison's 3rd Birthday, a Thanksgiving Grandparent's Luncheon at Claire's school, School Christmas programs at Stoner Creek Elementary, Harrison's First Christmas play at The Treehouse Learning Center, and Providence UMC Children's Christmas Cantata.

But tonight, I'm giving myself permission to feel it. To miss them. To ugly cry...

Ive been talking to myself today as I press in to and lift my head because Christmas is coming. 

I'm keeping myself busy with White Lace and Promises at the Ditzy Gypsy. I realized tonight that my blogging buddies haven't seen my Christmas booth. My sister is doing her magic, making ornaments, beaded garland, keychains and Christmas trees while I pull it all together. We've learned to appreciate our differences that complete us rather than compete. She works. I junk, then I work. 














Excuse the crooked tree. 






She does this and I do that, and we make a great team. 

This week Savannah, the owner of Ditzy texted us all to let us know how great business had been and asked us to fill in the holes before Black Friday and Shop Small Saturday. So, it was pull out, pull down, throw in, throw out, sweat, sigh, start over...

















Call me crazy🙋🏼‍♀️. I am! What can I say!🤷🏼‍♀️ It's not even Thanksgiving yet, and I think today is Black Friday. I had already posted on Facebook, 1/2 Sale on Certain Items and $1Basket of Goodies. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Called my manager. No worries, I'll change it, she says. Oops! Too late. They're marked in red and I will not re-tag. 

Aren't all the businesses doing Early Black Friday? Yeah, I knew it all along. 

So here you go. Bring it On. Christmas is not coming. It's here. It's Shop Early Black Friday at White Lace and Promises. Now I'm not crying.  (Smiles.)

Enjoy, 

Bonnie

Comments

  1. Grinning...thank you Bonnie...and hey, I love the crooked tree. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh Bonnie! I love your stuff and wish I could shop there. I would buy the Oh Holy Night sign in a minute (Plus more!) :)
    It's hard being away from kids. I find I tend to be more melancholy about Christmas since we never get to have all the kids home, with Andy and Nikki living away. I can understand your feelings with have the grands live far away too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful booth🎄. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, perhaps load the car and visit your loved ones. My heart is missing my Siblings that are now in Heaven😢. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas booth looks so charming, Bonnie. So glad it's doing well. Yes, I know what you mean about being with the kids on every holiday. Sometimes it will happen, and I guess sometimes it doesn't, and we'd like to think of all the family gathering together, but it doesn't always turn out that way. I was just with my son this year. It was his first year of cooking the turkey, and it sure was good. I was supposed to go to my in-laws to have Thanksgiving, but one of my brother-in-laws broke a bone in his shoulder and they were taking care of him. And happy to say he had surgery and is healing. That JOY sign in your shop is delightful, love that. The LET IT SNOW sign made me smile too, as I may have a White Christmas living here in the mountains. Enjoy this wonderful holiday season, Bonnie.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring into Spring

Anyone else ready to Spring Forward?  Oh my goodness! Just enough nip in the air to feel like an early Spring day. The trees around Georgia are beginning to bud. I've missed my babies so much the past couple of weeks but this afternoon  I feel a little lighter.  It will be Easter weekend before I get to Nashville but I found this sweet little idea to make with the kids. We can go on a scavenger hunt and each Grand can create their own unique design.  I've not done much in my booth for Spring. I had a yard sale and this is how the carport still looks. I may have made $40. Ugh. It was cloudy day so, oh well. I'll price it all and put it in the booth this weekend.  The littles are doing ok. Our youngest GRAND girl, Claire has to wear a patch for a weak eye.  I think she's gonna be fine. She certainly daddy's girl.  She was excited about going to his office.  Our oldest GRAND girl, Cora, made the All-star team in basketball. She's a natural.  She loves to FaceTime! 

Growing, Going, Gone

Do you ever consider how fast your children grew up? At the time, it seemed that the sleepless nights would last forever and the terrible twos would stay terrible forever, the pre- teens awkwardness and the teenage defiance would never end. And then they turn 16, you give them the keys and they speed off into the world...gone.   I expected that, somewhat, and I even learned to release my children as they grew. What I didn't expect was for the grandkids to go so fast.  2014 our miracle baby arrives. Our Christmas gift from above.  We enjoy the other two for our last Christmas in GA before moving to Tennessee.  2015 we enjoy our first Christmas after moving to Nashville in May.  2016 and we enjoy our first Christmas in our new house.  2017 the last Christmas the three will be the littles.  2018 new babies. 2019 the year before Covid and the last Christmas in our new home.  2020 the Covid Christmas gathering almost didn't happen. The kids considered not getting together. We were g

God Said Move

In The Summer of last year, I began to feel a restlessness in my spirit. I sensed that things were about to change.  One night in October, I had closed my eyes and was not asleep when I saw in my spirit a sign in the front yard. It was a red, white and blue sign like a Remax Realty sign. I heard the word, "Move." I knew it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me.  David had been unhappy living in the big city. He spent most of his time on the highways and interstates around Middle TN. He traveled anywhere from 375-500 miles a day. He talked of moving back home, and I always resisted. So, I said, "Okay, Lord. I'm not sure what this means. If it's means we will actually move, I'm willing. If it means, you're moving me spiritually, I'm ready.  The very next day, David said, "I need you to pray about something." I knew what he was going to say and I told him about my dream. He had a job offer. The market was a seller's market. Within a few weeks,