Skip to main content

The 40-Day Sugar Fast: Day 24

I'm on Day 24 of my 40-day Sugar Fast.
I'm past many of the symptoms I had in the beginning,
but I'm having stomach issues. 
I think it's coffee!

It's been on the hardest things I've ever done,
but one of the best!
I've lost some pounds.  I've gained far more!


Yesterday, I got a message from my supervisor
that my morning client had canceled services for the day.
I so needed a morning to just sit and feed on all that God has been teaching me.
Each chapter has been exactly what I've needed for each day.

The day she addressed healing past hurts,
Holy Spirit brought to my mind some issues that I needed to deal with.
The day she dealt with boredom and idle minds,
I was scrolling, switching back and forth from Facebook, Word Cross,
Instagram, and Pinterest to fill the loneliness.

Sometimes, I feel so alone.
I miss the familiar.
I miss community.
I miss seeing people that I know.

Anyone else get what I'm talking about?

I've filled that void with on-line everything and FOOD!
I always feel the need to munch at night. 
Night is when I am lonely, afraid-
when most of my panic attacks happen.
My eating keeps me from thinking about anything,
and so does social media.


I've made a decision to close FB and IG.
I'm hoping that Blogging doesn't become a go-to now.
I have tendencies that are unhealthy, and
I have to guard against too much of anything.

I'm down 15 pounds since Christmas.
I am feeling better, but certainly not where I need to be.
It honestly has nothing to do with body fat and more to do with
the emotional weight I have carried around for years.

I didn't get this way overnight and I won't heal overnight.
I will continue to take small steps daily to get there.


 Christy and family are at Disney World.
Troy had a business trip over the weekend
that was planned months ago.
They decided to make a vacation out of it.


She and the babies flew there on Tuesday.
Yes, she did!  Two little ones. 
Harrison didn't like flying, but he's loving Disney!


 And this little princess who was sooo very shy
this time last year, is a social butterfly,
meeting new friends.
She is loving it!  Roller coasters and all!

A work-weekend for me.
What does your weekend look like?


Comments

  1. I simply can't believe how much the grandkids have grown. I hope you don't shut down Blogger--I have missed you so much, Bonnie.

    I'll email you later with the goings on here. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you for doing whatever it takes! I don't eat much sugar, just a cookie now and then:) I pray that you continue to drop the weight and that you will find peace in your life in all things! Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring into Spring

Anyone else ready to Spring Forward?  Oh my goodness! Just enough nip in the air to feel like an early Spring day. The trees around Georgia are beginning to bud. I've missed my babies so much the past couple of weeks but this afternoon  I feel a little lighter.  It will be Easter weekend before I get to Nashville but I found this sweet little idea to make with the kids. We can go on a scavenger hunt and each Grand can create their own unique design.  I've not done much in my booth for Spring. I had a yard sale and this is how the carport still looks. I may have made $40. Ugh. It was cloudy day so, oh well. I'll price it all and put it in the booth this weekend.  The littles are doing ok. Our youngest GRAND girl, Claire has to wear a patch for a weak eye.  I think she's gonna be fine. She certainly daddy's girl.  She was excited about going to his office.  Our oldest GRAND girl, Cora, made the All-star team in basketball. She's a natural.  She loves to FaceTime! 

Growing, Going, Gone

Do you ever consider how fast your children grew up? At the time, it seemed that the sleepless nights would last forever and the terrible twos would stay terrible forever, the pre- teens awkwardness and the teenage defiance would never end. And then they turn 16, you give them the keys and they speed off into the world...gone.   I expected that, somewhat, and I even learned to release my children as they grew. What I didn't expect was for the grandkids to go so fast.  2014 our miracle baby arrives. Our Christmas gift from above.  We enjoy the other two for our last Christmas in GA before moving to Tennessee.  2015 we enjoy our first Christmas after moving to Nashville in May.  2016 and we enjoy our first Christmas in our new house.  2017 the last Christmas the three will be the littles.  2018 new babies. 2019 the year before Covid and the last Christmas in our new home.  2020 the Covid Christmas gathering almost didn't happen. The kids considered not getting together. We were g

God Said Move

In The Summer of last year, I began to feel a restlessness in my spirit. I sensed that things were about to change.  One night in October, I had closed my eyes and was not asleep when I saw in my spirit a sign in the front yard. It was a red, white and blue sign like a Remax Realty sign. I heard the word, "Move." I knew it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me.  David had been unhappy living in the big city. He spent most of his time on the highways and interstates around Middle TN. He traveled anywhere from 375-500 miles a day. He talked of moving back home, and I always resisted. So, I said, "Okay, Lord. I'm not sure what this means. If it's means we will actually move, I'm willing. If it means, you're moving me spiritually, I'm ready.  The very next day, David said, "I need you to pray about something." I knew what he was going to say and I told him about my dream. He had a job offer. The market was a seller's market. Within a few weeks,