Skip to main content

Purpose

Does anyone else get amazed at our Sovereign God, 
The All-Powerful Omnipotent One?
Well, I am!  I shouldn't be.
He's been more than faithful!

Today just seems to be a day of revelation for me!
A day when God shows me WHO HE IS!

I often go through this thing with my purpose. 
My thoughts become quite selfish...
What am I here for?
My life wasn't supposed to look like this?
I thought you called me, God?
I'm still waiiiiting.....?

And when I think back over my conversations with God, 
I'm ashamed. 
It rings to the tune of "me, me, me, me, me."
(Remember the warm-up notes in chorus?)

God has been showing me over the past few weeks,
a glimpse of His 
purpose,
and that it's not about me. 

Hang on while I go there.
It may be a long ride.

Go back with me about 43 years ago...
I was a 15 year old teenager at a little church camp in Adrian, Georgia. 
I met another preacher's daughter with whom I instantly connected.

Isn't it crazy how some people leave a lasting impression on you?

Our acquaintance was brief and over after a week of Summer Camp
and a few short conversations.
Yet, thoughts of her remained with me. 

I found her on Facebook a few years ago. 


There's another sweet girl-yes, we're still girls-
with whom I made a connection via Blogging.
You may know her quite well.
Read Debby's Story

We discovered we had children who graduated college from the 
same Christian school.  We discovered that we were somewhat connected
to some of the same people and shared some of the same friends. 

Coincidence?

Not on your life!

Both Jana and Debby, are in my life by divine appointment
for a divine purpose!
Yes, God put these friends in my life years ago that 
I may find them for such a time as this.

I am overwhelmed with that thought!  
I can't comprehend God's Love, can you?

Jana, was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer.
She's going to overcome this.  She's living her testimony!


Who would have thought that we'd find each other now?


Debby, I love you!
God has purposely put you in my life because HE LOVE YOU!
He is with you in this!
Even, especially in the waiting.

Sometimes as Lysa Turkerst says,
"We must walk through the process before we see the promise."
I am believing in the PROMISE!

Jana, who would have ever thought that you passed my way
so many years ago for such a time as this?

Over the past few weeks, I've wondered about my 
brief stay at The Waters.  What?  Why?
 I knew it was God's provision, but what else.
It was so short and seemed so insignificant 
in the scope of eternity.

During my prayer time this morning, I received a text.
A girl who worked with me there was 
diagnosed with the big "C" stage 4.  I refuse to acknowledge 
the word!  I hate it! 

I felt compelled to send her this...

But now, this is what the Lord, your Creator says, O Jacob,
And He who formed you, O Israel,
"Do not Fear, for I have redeemed you (from captivity);
I have called you by name, you are Mine!

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, 
And through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you, 
When you walk through fire, you will not be scorched,
Nor will the flames burn you.

For I am the Lord your God, The holy one of Israel, your Savior.  
I have given Egypt, Seba and Cush in exchange for you.

Because you are precious in my sight,
You are honored and I love you,
I will give other men in return for you and other people,
in exchange for your life.

Do not fear for I am with you."

Isaiah 43:1-5

There are no great analogies here.
My writing skills are not great,
but what I write about is!!!

God is good.  His mercies are new every morning.
Great is His faithfulness.

My purpose even though it's not about me
right now, is to be a prayer warrior for those I love.
His presence has been with me during my time of prayer each morning.

Yes, Lord I will wait and see the glorious things you will do!

Believing God!


 The Books tell of His Faithfulness!




I'm collecting Bibles.
The last two pictured are one of mine and
one of my daddy's.
Can you tell which one is his?

I want mine to look like his!




Comments

  1. Our God can do it all....He can reconnect friends over the years; He can heal and encourage and all we have to do is go to Him...trust Him and lean on Him. I am new to your blog and saw you were from Nashville....I grew up in Nashville, so we already have something in common. Hope you have a good evening and upcoming weekend. Linda in Chattanooga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post full of love and wisdom. God’s timing is always perfect and I believe he uses us in ways we don’t comprehend or even imagine at the time. I lthink if we just keep doing ‘the next right thing’ we will be exactly where God wants us to be.
    Love you, sweet lady.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ❤️❤️❤️ Keep writing, dear friend. Your words are uplifting, insightful, and bring hope. So glad I found you through blogland!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy you came by today. It reminds me to visit your sweet blog posts. I wish you had an email reminder for when you post. I think it is so cool that you are collecting bibles. Happy Friday and have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my dear friend...your words are beautiful...this is such a lovely post. For such a time as this...I absolutely believe God is using every one of these relationships and every circumstance to show all of us just how awesome our He is. And isn't amazing how He also has used our blogs to bring about this connection? I love and appreciate you for listening to what He has told you about being a prayer warrior for me and these other precious "girls". I want to go back and re-read this post, slowly. Thank you for every prayer spoken. Love you! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious is this post. I am a friend of Debby's and had to read this. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring into Spring

Anyone else ready to Spring Forward?  Oh my goodness! Just enough nip in the air to feel like an early Spring day. The trees around Georgia are beginning to bud. I've missed my babies so much the past couple of weeks but this afternoon  I feel a little lighter.  It will be Easter weekend before I get to Nashville but I found this sweet little idea to make with the kids. We can go on a scavenger hunt and each Grand can create their own unique design.  I've not done much in my booth for Spring. I had a yard sale and this is how the carport still looks. I may have made $40. Ugh. It was cloudy day so, oh well. I'll price it all and put it in the booth this weekend.  The littles are doing ok. Our youngest GRAND girl, Claire has to wear a patch for a weak eye.  I think she's gonna be fine. She certainly daddy's girl.  She was excited about going to his office.  Our oldest GRAND girl, Cora, made the All-star team in basketball. She's a natural.  She loves to FaceTime! 

Growing, Going, Gone

Do you ever consider how fast your children grew up? At the time, it seemed that the sleepless nights would last forever and the terrible twos would stay terrible forever, the pre- teens awkwardness and the teenage defiance would never end. And then they turn 16, you give them the keys and they speed off into the world...gone.   I expected that, somewhat, and I even learned to release my children as they grew. What I didn't expect was for the grandkids to go so fast.  2014 our miracle baby arrives. Our Christmas gift from above.  We enjoy the other two for our last Christmas in GA before moving to Tennessee.  2015 we enjoy our first Christmas after moving to Nashville in May.  2016 and we enjoy our first Christmas in our new house.  2017 the last Christmas the three will be the littles.  2018 new babies. 2019 the year before Covid and the last Christmas in our new home.  2020 the Covid Christmas gathering almost didn't happen. The kids considered not getting together. We were g

God Said Move

In The Summer of last year, I began to feel a restlessness in my spirit. I sensed that things were about to change.  One night in October, I had closed my eyes and was not asleep when I saw in my spirit a sign in the front yard. It was a red, white and blue sign like a Remax Realty sign. I heard the word, "Move." I knew it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me.  David had been unhappy living in the big city. He spent most of his time on the highways and interstates around Middle TN. He traveled anywhere from 375-500 miles a day. He talked of moving back home, and I always resisted. So, I said, "Okay, Lord. I'm not sure what this means. If it's means we will actually move, I'm willing. If it means, you're moving me spiritually, I'm ready.  The very next day, David said, "I need you to pray about something." I knew what he was going to say and I told him about my dream. He had a job offer. The market was a seller's market. Within a few weeks,