Skip to main content

Vintage Girl 901 Opens Shop

Letting go of the past and looking toward the new year, I press on. 

As I was praying this week and seeking God for direction, I remembered the verse that seemed to resonate within me the first year that we moved here (Nashville).  It actually was paraphrased this way, "Father, I pause this morning and look to you.  Fan the flame within me.  Bring life to the gifts you have imparted to me that I am a living testimony of You."

I always thought that moving would open doors of ministry for me.  That he would use my gift to provide income.  Well, maybe it wasn't supposed to be that way or maybe it was.  Maybe I was exactly where HE intended for me to me.  I do know that He never wastes anything. To say what I'm trying to say, I've been consistently seeking God.  Not just his will, but HIM.  Of course, in my seeking Him, in the middle of my prayers for more of Him, I often cry out for my own wants. My prayer went from praise to, "God, can't you give me something that I love to do that is not stressful, does not require me to stand, stoop, bend or get tired and ache, and that I am excited to do everyday. Do I have to have a job that is all work?"  I was talking to Mr. H about my business with Mary Kay, "Why can't I succeed at this?  I know I can do this.  I know that I am passionate.  I know that God has gifted me with the gift to love and encourage others.  Why is it not working?" As I'm writing this I think, maybe that's the problem.  I think I can do this!  God wants me to get so utterly desperate that I know I can do nothing without HIM!  "It's not by might or power, but by my Spirit," says the Lord.   Hmm..."Bring life to the gifts that you have imparted to me...THAT I AM A LIVING TESTIMONY FOR YOU."  Once again, He's saying, "It's not about you!"  And I'm saying, "It's not about me.  It's not about me. It's not about me."  I'm writing it 100 timesI'm saying it 100 times.  I've even pressed REPLAY...NOOOO.  That's not it!  I don't get it by trying harder and repeating it over and over or playing it over and over in my mind.  It is only by HIS might and HIS spirit that I am a living testimony for HIM! Please someone tell me, I'm getting it! I've been around this mountain too many times, almost 40 years!  Yikes!  That's another story. 


Today, again I'm praying and seeking and looking at Facebook.  Really God can speak through anything.  Right!  Sure.  But seriously, I guess I wasn't praying.  Not really, but I had been.  I'm looking at Marketplace.  I'm constantly looking for a bargain.  Looking for something for nothing.  They don't call me "$5-Bonnie" for nothing.  I thought to myself... I miss my junking business.  I miss the interaction with people who like junk.  I like bringing old things to life and making new things look old.  I love creating spaces. So, I get up and start moving things around, the way I like to do when I get new ideas.  I organized my books, moved a cabinet, added a wreath, and of course took a picture. 



In just a few minutes, I had created a cozy little corner by moving things from here to there.  I loved it.  It was refreshing.  I know it's unfinished, but that's another moment of inspiration for another day.
I sat down again, to look for deals on Marketplace.  I bought a couple of items from Amy at IG @shopthekinsers AKA All Things Home.  Once again, my mind kicks into overdrive and I start thinking, "If I'm gonna buy something, I better sell something." I had already formed a stack of stuff to yard sale.  I listed them.  Before long, I had created a page for a business and had already sold 5 items.  

I'm trying not to let Ms. Mania out of the closet. 

No, seriously I know that I have a Creative God.  My Father, the Master Designer, the Creator put a little of that creativity in us all.  I'm testing the waters, as my Preacher Daddy would say.  I'm sticking my toe in the water.  God can do what He wants to do.  I've opened the shop.  I haven't bought the building yet, but I'm renting the space.  

These are some of my goods. 


SALE PENDING!


SOLD!


SOLD!




SALE PENDING!




SEVERAL LIKES!

When I reach my goal of 100 followers, I am giving away this set of pillows made by my friend, Sara at Welcome Home.  

God knows our needs and He has promised to supply them every one.  However, He chooses to do sothat is fine with me.  I joke and can be rather silly sometimes, but I truly desire to be a Living Testimony with the gifts He imparts.  Thank you for allowing me to share a few with you.

Comments

  1. I LOVE this!! You have such a great talent, an eye for beauty. High five, girl! If you were closer.....but I will still keep an eye out for your stuff :)
    God bless you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring into Spring

Anyone else ready to Spring Forward?  Oh my goodness! Just enough nip in the air to feel like an early Spring day. The trees around Georgia are beginning to bud. I've missed my babies so much the past couple of weeks but this afternoon  I feel a little lighter.  It will be Easter weekend before I get to Nashville but I found this sweet little idea to make with the kids. We can go on a scavenger hunt and each Grand can create their own unique design.  I've not done much in my booth for Spring. I had a yard sale and this is how the carport still looks. I may have made $40. Ugh. It was cloudy day so, oh well. I'll price it all and put it in the booth this weekend.  The littles are doing ok. Our youngest GRAND girl, Claire has to wear a patch for a weak eye.  I think she's gonna be fine. She certainly daddy's girl.  She was excited about going to his office.  Our oldest GRAND girl, Cora, made the All-star team in basketball. She's a natural.  She loves to FaceTime! 

Growing, Going, Gone

Do you ever consider how fast your children grew up? At the time, it seemed that the sleepless nights would last forever and the terrible twos would stay terrible forever, the pre- teens awkwardness and the teenage defiance would never end. And then they turn 16, you give them the keys and they speed off into the world...gone.   I expected that, somewhat, and I even learned to release my children as they grew. What I didn't expect was for the grandkids to go so fast.  2014 our miracle baby arrives. Our Christmas gift from above.  We enjoy the other two for our last Christmas in GA before moving to Tennessee.  2015 we enjoy our first Christmas after moving to Nashville in May.  2016 and we enjoy our first Christmas in our new house.  2017 the last Christmas the three will be the littles.  2018 new babies. 2019 the year before Covid and the last Christmas in our new home.  2020 the Covid Christmas gathering almost didn't happen. The kids considered not getting together. We were g

God Said Move

In The Summer of last year, I began to feel a restlessness in my spirit. I sensed that things were about to change.  One night in October, I had closed my eyes and was not asleep when I saw in my spirit a sign in the front yard. It was a red, white and blue sign like a Remax Realty sign. I heard the word, "Move." I knew it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me.  David had been unhappy living in the big city. He spent most of his time on the highways and interstates around Middle TN. He traveled anywhere from 375-500 miles a day. He talked of moving back home, and I always resisted. So, I said, "Okay, Lord. I'm not sure what this means. If it's means we will actually move, I'm willing. If it means, you're moving me spiritually, I'm ready.  The very next day, David said, "I need you to pray about something." I knew what he was going to say and I told him about my dream. He had a job offer. The market was a seller's market. Within a few weeks,