Skip to main content

Think Pink

A few years ago, I started my first blog and small business, White Lace and Promises. The inspiration to start a small business and a blog came from a sweet little shop in my small, rural town in Georgia called The White Rabbit. The shop was a little cottage filled with white Shabby Chic and a garden of whites surrounded the property. The White Rabbit was filled with pinks and pastels, baby soft and textured linen and more white dishes and colored glass than I had ever seen. The owner taught me how to recognize original marks on Milk glass and pottery. 

I wanted to create a booth with the same idea in mind. I rented from incredible friends who gave me an even greater appreciation for the finer antiques. My greatest love is junking and turning trash into treasures. Shabby Chic continues to be my favorite, but I enjoy pickin’ for all vintage wares. However, PINK and White remain my favorites.

You guys have heard my beginning and walked it with me.  Just thought there maybe some out there who had not.  

My daughter is doing some minimalizing (that's not even a word)!  Guess who's getting the Goodwill?  That's right, me!  Yippie.  So, I'll be doing some painting and restoring next week.  Gotta get ready for the Nashville Flea Market. And yes, there will be pink and white!

Today has been a dreary, rainy day in TN, so I'm thinking on the things that make me smile.  Of course, pink and white things always make me smile.  

What do you think of when you hear the word, "pink?"  Pepto-Bismol?  That's what I got when we painted one of my rooms once.  Note to self:  Never let a man pick paint, certainly not PINK!  Well, I think of Pretty in Pink and Pretty Woman for some reason and I don't think Julia Roberts even wore pink!  Maybe it's because I think of Pretty when I think of Pink.  I think of pink cheeks and pink lips.  Of course, I think of Mary Kay. I pink of my little girls with pink ribbons and bows. Haven't I written this post before.   I don't get the PINK that I see on Victoria Secrets attire.  What's that about???  It's not all pink. 


So I thought I'd share a few photos of my favorite pinks... I know you've seen some of them...the others I may have found on Facebook and don't know how to give credit where credit is due.  I'm sorry. 




OH, I can't even!  I took this photo a few months ago right here in Lebanon, TN.  I want!  Does anyone else like it?


(Photo was posted on Facebook by Heather Houck Smith with Betty Bain.)
Can't you see me living in this?  




I had a pink door in 1996 when my Mary Kay business was busting it!  However, I think it was more the country mauve of the 90's.  Remember?



Just enough pink to be sweet!  





(photo courtesy of Jay Bentley)
This is my favorite house in my hometown.  I actually have a photo that I've shared on my blog, but I couldn't find it.  It is magnificent!  It is on the market in small town Georgia for $400,000.  The same house in Nashville would be millions!   


My girls like Minnie Mouse and of course, Pink is their favorite color.  
We like pink ice cream from guess where?
YES!
Baskins and Robbins where all things are pink-well, not all the ice cream. 

So, there you go!

What colors make you happy?

Comments

  1. Thanks for coming by and leaving your sweet comment and letting me know about your new blog site. Love all of those sweet homes. The little one with the pink shutters would be my pick. Have a great new week. Glad I can follow your blog now too.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to connect and thanks for posting on my blog. You are welcome any time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink vehicle is a lovely shade of pink, but I don't think I'd want to drive it,

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like pink but I’m more of a blue, turquoise, teal girl. Love your pinks though! No pink car for me....but have you had a pink MK car in your past? I see one around here once in awhile....not the huge caddie of yesteryear though :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink is my favorite color, but I'm not real sure I would want a pink car or even a pink front door. 🙄
    Happy restoring!

    Have a beautiful day ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post made me laugh, Bonnie, cause my daughter is de-cluttering too, and I told her to be sure to send things my way first. Love all the Pink pictures, and Minnie!!! Jess would love that, she's really into Disney. I look forward to seeing your painting and restoring.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring into Spring

Anyone else ready to Spring Forward?  Oh my goodness! Just enough nip in the air to feel like an early Spring day. The trees around Georgia are beginning to bud. I've missed my babies so much the past couple of weeks but this afternoon  I feel a little lighter.  It will be Easter weekend before I get to Nashville but I found this sweet little idea to make with the kids. We can go on a scavenger hunt and each Grand can create their own unique design.  I've not done much in my booth for Spring. I had a yard sale and this is how the carport still looks. I may have made $40. Ugh. It was cloudy day so, oh well. I'll price it all and put it in the booth this weekend.  The littles are doing ok. Our youngest GRAND girl, Claire has to wear a patch for a weak eye.  I think she's gonna be fine. She certainly daddy's girl.  She was excited about going to his office.  Our oldest GRAND girl, Cora, made the All-star team in basketball. She's a natural.  She loves to FaceTime! 

Growing, Going, Gone

Do you ever consider how fast your children grew up? At the time, it seemed that the sleepless nights would last forever and the terrible twos would stay terrible forever, the pre- teens awkwardness and the teenage defiance would never end. And then they turn 16, you give them the keys and they speed off into the world...gone.   I expected that, somewhat, and I even learned to release my children as they grew. What I didn't expect was for the grandkids to go so fast.  2014 our miracle baby arrives. Our Christmas gift from above.  We enjoy the other two for our last Christmas in GA before moving to Tennessee.  2015 we enjoy our first Christmas after moving to Nashville in May.  2016 and we enjoy our first Christmas in our new house.  2017 the last Christmas the three will be the littles.  2018 new babies. 2019 the year before Covid and the last Christmas in our new home.  2020 the Covid Christmas gathering almost didn't happen. The kids considered not getting together. We were g

God Said Move

In The Summer of last year, I began to feel a restlessness in my spirit. I sensed that things were about to change.  One night in October, I had closed my eyes and was not asleep when I saw in my spirit a sign in the front yard. It was a red, white and blue sign like a Remax Realty sign. I heard the word, "Move." I knew it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me.  David had been unhappy living in the big city. He spent most of his time on the highways and interstates around Middle TN. He traveled anywhere from 375-500 miles a day. He talked of moving back home, and I always resisted. So, I said, "Okay, Lord. I'm not sure what this means. If it's means we will actually move, I'm willing. If it means, you're moving me spiritually, I'm ready.  The very next day, David said, "I need you to pray about something." I knew what he was going to say and I told him about my dream. He had a job offer. The market was a seller's market. Within a few weeks,