Skip to main content

At Rest

It's been a good week.  I started to write, "a good week of rest."  And then again, I've not rested, but my heart, mind and soul are "at" rest. I think we can be busy and still be at rest. And we can not be busy and not be at rest. 

I spent the week cleaning, organizing and purging.  In one day, I filled the garbage can full to overflowing.  I have a stack to go to Goodwill and two more closets, the garage and the attic to ramble through.  I've had time with each grandchild.  My first girl, Cora said, "I think I need some special BonBon time."  I've needed it too!

I worked hard this week, and I wasn't exhausted.  Sometimes it feels good to work.  But it feels even better to be at rest.

Today I went back to The Waters for the Christmas party and to make up for a day that I had taken off to help my daughter with the babies.  It was good to go back and visit and enjoy some one-on-one time with some of my residents.   It started off really well.  Before long, I was back in that mode again...racing, rushing, looking over my shoulder. By the end of the day, I was exhausted.

While there I was approached about the possibility of a sitting job.  My first response was yes!  I can do this- part-time, a little extra money. A friend said to me, "Good doesn't necessarily mean God."  Meaning, yes, I could do this and do it well.  I would be good at it, but is it really what is right?  Is it what God wants for me at this time? Tonight I received a text from my dear friend, "Breathe deep, rest well, be still and know that He is God and this is your season to restore and not make big decisions."  Be still..Restore...Rest..Yes. Amen and Amen.



A little pink and white and I get that peaceful, easy feeling.

Comments

  1. I’ve been too quick to say yes to something good at times in my life as well. You were given good advice....be still, restore, rest well, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have wonderful friends to love you like that!
    Glad you got some work done, but some rest as well.
    Have a cozy weekend, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little Pink tree, Bonnie, so pretty. I also had Pink ornaments this year, since I have two granddaughters now. Yes, it's such a peaceful color, isn't it? And I have been seeing that verse as well over the past couple years, 'Be Still And Know That I Am God.' Sometimes, we just need to be still and let God take care of our troubles. And thank you for the gentle reminder. : )

    I hope the new year is being kind to you, Bonnie, and wishing you so much goodness in 2019. You went back to your old blog name, I love it!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring into Spring

Anyone else ready to Spring Forward?  Oh my goodness! Just enough nip in the air to feel like an early Spring day. The trees around Georgia are beginning to bud. I've missed my babies so much the past couple of weeks but this afternoon  I feel a little lighter.  It will be Easter weekend before I get to Nashville but I found this sweet little idea to make with the kids. We can go on a scavenger hunt and each Grand can create their own unique design.  I've not done much in my booth for Spring. I had a yard sale and this is how the carport still looks. I may have made $40. Ugh. It was cloudy day so, oh well. I'll price it all and put it in the booth this weekend.  The littles are doing ok. Our youngest GRAND girl, Claire has to wear a patch for a weak eye.  I think she's gonna be fine. She certainly daddy's girl.  She was excited about going to his office.  Our oldest GRAND girl, Cora, made the All-star team in basketball. She's a natural.  She loves to FaceTime! 

Growing, Going, Gone

Do you ever consider how fast your children grew up? At the time, it seemed that the sleepless nights would last forever and the terrible twos would stay terrible forever, the pre- teens awkwardness and the teenage defiance would never end. And then they turn 16, you give them the keys and they speed off into the world...gone.   I expected that, somewhat, and I even learned to release my children as they grew. What I didn't expect was for the grandkids to go so fast.  2014 our miracle baby arrives. Our Christmas gift from above.  We enjoy the other two for our last Christmas in GA before moving to Tennessee.  2015 we enjoy our first Christmas after moving to Nashville in May.  2016 and we enjoy our first Christmas in our new house.  2017 the last Christmas the three will be the littles.  2018 new babies. 2019 the year before Covid and the last Christmas in our new home.  2020 the Covid Christmas gathering almost didn't happen. The kids considered not getting together. We were g

God Said Move

In The Summer of last year, I began to feel a restlessness in my spirit. I sensed that things were about to change.  One night in October, I had closed my eyes and was not asleep when I saw in my spirit a sign in the front yard. It was a red, white and blue sign like a Remax Realty sign. I heard the word, "Move." I knew it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me.  David had been unhappy living in the big city. He spent most of his time on the highways and interstates around Middle TN. He traveled anywhere from 375-500 miles a day. He talked of moving back home, and I always resisted. So, I said, "Okay, Lord. I'm not sure what this means. If it's means we will actually move, I'm willing. If it means, you're moving me spiritually, I'm ready.  The very next day, David said, "I need you to pray about something." I knew what he was going to say and I told him about my dream. He had a job offer. The market was a seller's market. Within a few weeks,