Skip to main content

I Run

The cravings have intensified over the past few days, 
so I have decided to go back to the beginning.

Today I awoke feeling, weak and tired.
I cried out to the Lord for help, 
totally dependent on Him to make me strong. 

As I looked to Him, I felt His strength rise within me. 

Starting from the beginning, 
I'll share some of my thoughts as I began this journey.

Day 3:
Lord, I awake this morning anxious and exhausted.  My heart is beating fast, I can't breathe.  I feel like I've awakened from a bad dream, sweating, fearful.   I've been running for so long.
When stress comes from the pressure of the job, I run...I quit.

When I'm overwhelmed in whatever ministry I am in, I run...I think someone else can do it better, and I walk away...I run...away from what made me feel insecure.  Insecurity led to jealousy and I ran. 

In my wanderings and running, I'm realizing that I ran away from these things,
but I didn't run to YOU.

Day 3:  When Sugar Wall Crumble
Sugar Fast by Wendy Speake

Sugar is a stronghold for many people.  Unfortunately, no sugar fix can fix you.  In fact, when you give sugar that job, you'll end up more broken than before because sugar weakens our physical bodies and clouds our minds.  If only you could break free from this sweet, strangling stronghold, but you feel powerless.  The walls are too thick and too wide, the habits are too ingrained, the enemy too big and too strong, and you are too addicted.  However, all throughout the Scriptures, God demonstrates that He has the power to open prison gates and set captives free.

Wendy continually speaks throughout her book about strongholds.  In history, strong, fortified walls were built to keep out the enemy.  For the children of Israel, the wall of the city of Jericho was keeping them from entering God's promised land.  For the walls to come down, God's people had to first shout in victory.  They had to "raise a hallelujah in the presence of their enemies." "In full obedience and faithful expectancy," they had to shout.

For years, I have cowered in fear.  When faced with a wall or a giant, I ran.  



Talk about running, this little fellow can run!
He started crawling and pulling up at 6 months
and walked before 8 months.
He's a teeny, little thing but he's fast and strong.  

I'm learning more than ever that "in our weakness, He is strong."

I didn't know what I was getting into when I began Sugar Fast.
I'm not sure how cleansing the body can cleanse the soul, 
but it does.  

Whatever is going on, I've invited Him into the empty places of my heart
and He is filling me!

From now on, I'm not running away, 
I am running to you, Lord.







Comments

  1. Oh how nice to see what you are up to. I don't eat a lot of sugar but not sure about the sugar fast. Good for you! That is the sweetest little one, they just grow up too fast! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The struggle is real...I love your honesty, dear friend! I love reading your words and your insight to truth. Really glad we met through blogging!
    Oh that little sweetie! He running already??
    Sending love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring into Spring

Anyone else ready to Spring Forward?  Oh my goodness! Just enough nip in the air to feel like an early Spring day. The trees around Georgia are beginning to bud. I've missed my babies so much the past couple of weeks but this afternoon  I feel a little lighter.  It will be Easter weekend before I get to Nashville but I found this sweet little idea to make with the kids. We can go on a scavenger hunt and each Grand can create their own unique design.  I've not done much in my booth for Spring. I had a yard sale and this is how the carport still looks. I may have made $40. Ugh. It was cloudy day so, oh well. I'll price it all and put it in the booth this weekend.  The littles are doing ok. Our youngest GRAND girl, Claire has to wear a patch for a weak eye.  I think she's gonna be fine. She certainly daddy's girl.  She was excited about going to his office.  Our oldest GRAND girl, Cora, made the All-star team in basketball. She's a natural.  She loves to FaceTime! 

Growing, Going, Gone

Do you ever consider how fast your children grew up? At the time, it seemed that the sleepless nights would last forever and the terrible twos would stay terrible forever, the pre- teens awkwardness and the teenage defiance would never end. And then they turn 16, you give them the keys and they speed off into the world...gone.   I expected that, somewhat, and I even learned to release my children as they grew. What I didn't expect was for the grandkids to go so fast.  2014 our miracle baby arrives. Our Christmas gift from above.  We enjoy the other two for our last Christmas in GA before moving to Tennessee.  2015 we enjoy our first Christmas after moving to Nashville in May.  2016 and we enjoy our first Christmas in our new house.  2017 the last Christmas the three will be the littles.  2018 new babies. 2019 the year before Covid and the last Christmas in our new home.  2020 the Covid Christmas gathering almost didn't happen. The kids considered not getting together. We were g

God Said Move

In The Summer of last year, I began to feel a restlessness in my spirit. I sensed that things were about to change.  One night in October, I had closed my eyes and was not asleep when I saw in my spirit a sign in the front yard. It was a red, white and blue sign like a Remax Realty sign. I heard the word, "Move." I knew it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me.  David had been unhappy living in the big city. He spent most of his time on the highways and interstates around Middle TN. He traveled anywhere from 375-500 miles a day. He talked of moving back home, and I always resisted. So, I said, "Okay, Lord. I'm not sure what this means. If it's means we will actually move, I'm willing. If it means, you're moving me spiritually, I'm ready.  The very next day, David said, "I need you to pray about something." I knew what he was going to say and I told him about my dream. He had a job offer. The market was a seller's market. Within a few weeks,