Skip to main content

The Ditzy Gypsy Decor

No, I'm not changing the name of my booth or blog. White Lace and Promises is where it all began. The shop have a new owner thus the name change from The Clucking Chicken to The Ditzy Gypsy Decor and More. 

The owner is young and creative and has lots of new ideas including a coffee bar. 







Savannah Perkins has the talent and ideas and her own handy man, Justin Perkins DBA Perkins Handyman Services, to help her carry them out. 

Savannah works from home as a Youth Case Manager for Jobs Unlimited. She also keeps the books for her husband's business while managing the store and being a mom to two teenage boys. Savannah has experience in retail working at Merle Norman owned and managed by her aunt, Teresa Bridges. 

I am enjoying sharing ideas with Savannah and look forward to seeing her grow the business. It's exciting to see new life begin to blossom in our small town. 

The small town that I grew up in, Tennille, GA has grown with other great little shops like The Market on Central, The Shoppes at Station 13, and Deep River Outfitters. 
 
We are not in competition with each other. New business creates new customers for all of us. 



















If you're ever in Middle Georgia, a little RR town lies between Augusta and Macon, Georgia. Stop and browse. We'll have a burger at Smashed, a pizza at Trackside or nachos at PePe's. If it's a cup of coffee you want while you stop to shop, we'll see you at The Ditzy Gypsy Decor and More. 





Comments

  1. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this! Hey...um...don't be mad, it just dawned on me, I never sent you a email (hanging my head in shame). Bad, bad Linda. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative and cute name. I love it. You got me at Gypsy. The shop looks like it has many
    wonderful items. And a coffee section adds a special touch. I'd love to browse through here,
    although I'm not near Georgia at all. I hope her business does well, Bonnie.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that name! I'd want to shop there if I was close by. And if I ever make it to GA, I'll look for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I will remember to stop in if I am in that area. Enjoy your evening dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring into Spring

Anyone else ready to Spring Forward?  Oh my goodness! Just enough nip in the air to feel like an early Spring day. The trees around Georgia are beginning to bud. I've missed my babies so much the past couple of weeks but this afternoon  I feel a little lighter.  It will be Easter weekend before I get to Nashville but I found this sweet little idea to make with the kids. We can go on a scavenger hunt and each Grand can create their own unique design.  I've not done much in my booth for Spring. I had a yard sale and this is how the carport still looks. I may have made $40. Ugh. It was cloudy day so, oh well. I'll price it all and put it in the booth this weekend.  The littles are doing ok. Our youngest GRAND girl, Claire has to wear a patch for a weak eye.  I think she's gonna be fine. She certainly daddy's girl.  She was excited about going to his office.  Our oldest GRAND girl, Cora, made the All-star team in basketball. She's a natural.  She loves to FaceTime! 

Growing, Going, Gone

Do you ever consider how fast your children grew up? At the time, it seemed that the sleepless nights would last forever and the terrible twos would stay terrible forever, the pre- teens awkwardness and the teenage defiance would never end. And then they turn 16, you give them the keys and they speed off into the world...gone.   I expected that, somewhat, and I even learned to release my children as they grew. What I didn't expect was for the grandkids to go so fast.  2014 our miracle baby arrives. Our Christmas gift from above.  We enjoy the other two for our last Christmas in GA before moving to Tennessee.  2015 we enjoy our first Christmas after moving to Nashville in May.  2016 and we enjoy our first Christmas in our new house.  2017 the last Christmas the three will be the littles.  2018 new babies. 2019 the year before Covid and the last Christmas in our new home.  2020 the Covid Christmas gathering almost didn't happen. The kids considered not getting together. We were g

God Said Move

In The Summer of last year, I began to feel a restlessness in my spirit. I sensed that things were about to change.  One night in October, I had closed my eyes and was not asleep when I saw in my spirit a sign in the front yard. It was a red, white and blue sign like a Remax Realty sign. I heard the word, "Move." I knew it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me.  David had been unhappy living in the big city. He spent most of his time on the highways and interstates around Middle TN. He traveled anywhere from 375-500 miles a day. He talked of moving back home, and I always resisted. So, I said, "Okay, Lord. I'm not sure what this means. If it's means we will actually move, I'm willing. If it means, you're moving me spiritually, I'm ready.  The very next day, David said, "I need you to pray about something." I knew what he was going to say and I told him about my dream. He had a job offer. The market was a seller's market. Within a few weeks,